Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

How To: Adult Juice Box

Weren't juice boxes the best? I think there is just something so nostalgic about those little bitty things- CapriSun, JuicyJuice. . . . but then again there were like 2 swigs and what were you to do when you opened your sack lunch at school and the effer was missing its pointy little straw!? Find a fork and poke a hole in it and sit there looking like a dork sucking out the contents? But still, they were the BEST so when my sister asked me to give her a hand planning her sister-in-law's bachelorette party, I was happy to oblige and those awesome snacks were the inspiration for one of the party favors that we made for all the lovely ladies that came from near and far to help our friend celebrate the end of her bachelorettehood.

Materials needed:

Raspberries, Blueberries, Pineapple, Mini ball jars (I think they were 12oz jars) and of course your choice of unflavored vodka:

I chose to personalize the "Adult Juice Boxes" by spray painting the tops with chalkboard paint. This is really simple. I just took a piece of scrap wood so that the tops would all lay flat and sprayed 3 layers of the chalkboard spray paint on them over the coarse of 48 hours and then let it dry for a day before I made the infused vodka. (This is an optional step but must be done 1st)
 
Tops in the process of getting painted





Step 2- Cut up the pineapple. I cut it into really small triangles. I didn't cut the blueberries or raspberries because they are small enough to stuff into the jar as is.
Step 3- Fill each jar with fruit. I just tried to make it look cute:) Arrange the fruit however you like. Then simply pour your poison of choice over the fruit to the top and seal the tops. I wrote names on the chalk tops. You could also write a quote or a personal message. Let the vodka "infuse" for 14 days and then enjoy!
YUM! Tip= to better "enjoy" your adult juice box experience, be sure to eat the fruit too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme